Wednesday 5 March 2014

Richardosbourne.com

My Approach
I intend all my images to be seen at large sizes on walls - they are artworks and, for the most part, the bigger they are printed, the better. I want people to be overwhelmed by my images, just as I'm often overwhelmed when I take them. The images of nature have been very carefully shot to exclude the human intrusions which often appear in typical stock and tourist photography.
My images are not designed to provoke controversy, but to provide harmony in the environments in which they appear. They transmit a powerful, radiant quality and work in homes, healthcare, commercial and leisure environments, relaxing and uplifting people.
The most important qualities of any image appearing in one of my collections are BEAUTY, HAPPINESS and REALITY. Not the beauty or happiness in consumer culture and not the day-to-day reality of Western 'civilisation' but a bright, radiant, peaceful and Happy condition, a condition that can easily be found in the natural world but which seems more and more absent from the human world. 
Apart from some instinctive understanding, the main reason I am able to perceive this about the natural world is due to the Blessing and Wisdom of my Spiritual Teacher Adi Da Samraj (www.adidam.org), to whom I owe a huge debt of gratitude. This work is dedicated to magnifying His Blessing, which is only benign, only loving and only peaceful.
Last word: I couldn't do what I do without my wife Alison. Someone has to keep me organised and nourished - I'm grateful to her for that and for her invaluable creative and business input.
Richard Osbourne


I also looked at osbourne's kinetic abstracts of landscapes which i think relate well with how i have been using long exposure/

0 comments:

Post a Comment