Tuesday 17 September 2013

hand-stitching

Textiles.

In Textiles we were shown how to print onto fabric by spreading acrylic paint on some acetate, placing the acetate onto some fabric and then tracing an image onto the top.
I first chose some material which I wanted to print on.When i did this i needed to make sure not to press onto cloth with my hands because this would cause the paint to be pressed onto the fabric in undesired areas.








After i had traced some words onto the fabric i then attempted some hand stitching, albeit not very good hand stitching.
I grabbed a Hoop, tightly placed my fabric into it and then began some basic stitches, such as running stitch and cross stitch. 

I also had a go at applique. To do this you have to grab some funky fabric and Iron bondaweb (sticky paper) onto the back of it. Then, I traced the shape i wanted onto the back, cut that out, peeled the back of the bondaweb off and then ironed it onto my fabric. 

photo of my workspace and materials


the book i traced from

tracing paper

making sure the acrylic is rolled out thinly



using a hoop to do some stitching.
acrylic paints

0 comments:

Post a Comment